Education is a top priority for Aurubis Bulgaria's social policy. As such, the company constantly invests in its development through its partnership programs with the municipalities of Pirdop and Zlatitsa, as well as a number of additional projects.
- Renovated and equipped classrooms and gymnasiums in the local schools at the Primary School “Todor Vlaykov”, Pirdop,High School "Savo Tsenov Savov“, Pirdop, High School “”St. Paisiy Hilendarski”, Zlatitsa;
- New canteens at the Primary School “Todor Vlaykov” and High School “Savo Tsenov Savov”, Pirdop and “St. Paisiy Hilendarski”, Zlatitsa;
- Organized summer language, computer and music courses at the Aurubis Bulgaria Information Center, Pirdop;
- Interactive boards for training in the kindergarten “Pekka and Carlo Chokonyani”, Pirdop and a the kindergarten “Viara, Nadejda, Lubov” and “Slantse”, Zlatitsa;
- New gymnasium in the kindergarten “Viara, Nadejda, Lubov”, Zlatitsa; •Cloud technology in the educational process at High School "Savo Tsenov Savov", Pirdop.
The green sports and active lifestyle are a top priority in Aurubis Bulgaria's social policy and, as such, the company constantly invests in supporting the development of all sports clubs in Pirdop and Zlatitsa.
- Supporting the activity of all sports clubs in the region - wrestling, boxing, volleyball, karate, canoeing, athletics, table tennis, football;
- New sport grounds - mini football, volleyball, basketball, tennis, in High School “Savo Tsenov Savov”, Primary School “Todor Vlaykov”, Pirdop sports complex, Agricultural-Technical Professional High School-Zlatitsa, Dushantsi village;
- Supporting young sport talents - Dilyana Minkina, Elitsa Todorova, Plamena Saykova, other.
Culture and traditions
The region of Srednogorie has rich preserved traditions and many talents in the field of culture. Aurubis Bulgaria is a partner of all cultural organizations in the region, supporting local amateur groups and cultural events of the municipalities.
- Supporting the amateur groups at the community centres and the schools in the area;
- Supporting the Marching Band, Zlatitsa;
- Purchase of a library software for Community centre “Hristo Smirnenski – 1889”, Zlatitsa.
Elderly and disabled people
The care for the elderly and disadvantaged people is of major importance in the social policy of Aurubis Bulgaria, and the company declares a lasting commitment to these vulnerable groups.
- Supporting the pensioners clubs and the clubs of disabled people in the region;
- Supporting the municipal company for people with disabilities “Prolet” EOOD, Pirdop;
- Helping children with disabilities in need of treatment, rehabilitation and other.
Healthcare is a top priority in Aurubis Bulgaria's social policy. As such, the company constantly invests in its development and takes care of the citizens from the region of Srednogorie, providing the necessary equipment for the medical institutions and others.
- Installation of an elevator in the Medical Center, Zlatitsa;
- Purchased echograph and immunological analyzer for Medical Center, Zlatitsa;
- Renovated premises, purchased air conditioning systems and office equipment for the Medical Centers in Pirdop and Zlatitsa.