Tellurium metal is used in thermoelectric consumer appliances, solar modules, sensors, and in steel and non-ferrous metal production, for example.
Aurubis is one of the world’s largest producers of high-quality tellurium. It is recovered from a variety of primary and secondary raw materials. Through the production processes in our copper smelters, we ensure a continuous supply of tellurium metal and tellurium dioxide.
Furthermore, both tellurium metal and tellurium dioxide from Aurubis fulfill the REACH requirements.
Main applications of tellurium metal
- Solar industry: cadmium-telluride solar cells
- Thermoelectric appliances: consumer products such as water dispensers, vehicle coolers, etc.
- Electronics: storage modules (RAM), rewritable optical CDs, etc.
- Mercury-cadmium-telluride: thin-film sensors for magnetometers
- Thermal imaging devices: for infrared sensors and the conversion of raw data formats into razor-sharp screen images
- Steel: as an additive for machine processing
- Copper: to improve workability while maintaining conductivity
- Lead: to enhance resistance against vibrations and material fatigue
- Cast iron: to investigate hardness depth
- Malleable cast iron: as a carbide stabilizer
Specifications of tellurium metal
|Tellurium (Te)||99.995 % min|
|Selenium (Se)||< 15 ppm|
|Inspected impurities||< 50 ppm|
|Weight (per ingot)||ca. 1.3-1.6 kg|
|Packaging||vacuum-sealed bags in containers|