We are growing sustainably and profitably – with strategic investments in our core business and in growth markets.
Aurubis AG is a globally active non-ferrous metals provider with a strong footprint in Europe. Our production facilities fulfill the world’s highest environmental standards at all sites. We currently produce about 20 metals – from copper, gold, nickel, tin, and zinc to platinum group metals – that are essential for the transformation towards a more sustainable global economy. We supply the raw materials that make megatrends such as the energy and mobility shift a reality. Our products lay the foundation for an innovative, digital, and sustainable society.
We operate the most efficient and sustainable smelter network worldwide. This, combined with our integrated business model, puts us in a unique position that makes us a leader in our industry.
Since 2021 we have consistently delivered on our new growth strategy, Driving Sustainable Growth. It focuses on our established business activities as well as on directly related growth potential. We’re achieving profitable growth in areas in which we’ve been expanding our expertise for over 150 years: concentrate processing, recycling, and product business.
Our growth investments adhere to a disciplined planning and decision-making process aimed at adding lasting value. These investment projects directly contribute to the goals of our strategy:
- We are securing and strengthening our unique, integrated business model.
- We are increasing earnings from our high-performing smelter network through sustainable, profitable growth, in addition to operational excellence at our sites.
- We are making ourselves less susceptible to external fluctuations and influences.
- We are boosting the return on capital employed over the course of the investment cycle.
With the successful acquisition and integration of the Metallo Group, we have demonstrated that we can effectively implement complex growth projects with new facilities and processes to create value, integrating them into our smelter network. We have thus significantly expanded our position as the world’s most efficient and sustainable smelter network and laid an exceptionally solid foundation for accelerated organic, profitable growth.
In our smelter network, we precisely capitalize on the different sites’ specific processing capabilities thanks to Group-wide supply chain management. We are continuously optimizing material flows to enhance the recovery of marketable metals and transform all input materials into valuable products. This helps us reduce waste streams and take advantage of economies of scale, for instance in the large tankhouses and in centralized precious metal processing. Our robust, powerful network is a cornerstone of the European circular economy, and our zero-waste approach documents how responsibly we use resources.
We leverage additional potential with targeted investments in our process and plant network. The requirements for our investment projects are clear: They have to make a notable, sustainable contribution to our strategic goals and improve our processing capabilities and capacities while creating valuable synergies with our existing processes. The value added by each individual growth investment has to positively impact our Group KPI, operating return on capital employed (ROCE), and simultaneously be assessed in accordance with our sustainability targets. This provides us with a distinct framework for additional potential acquisitions to reinforce our organic growth.
With clear financial criteria, transparent and active governance, and proactive risk management, we ensure that we decisively implement our strategy and the associated investments. From the initial idea to completion, we steadily develop and monitor our projects using defined parameters and decision criteria.
Based on this unparalleled position, we continuously work on product and process innovations that enable us, our raw material suppliers, and our customers to become even more sustainable and achieve non-financial targets sooner rather than later. When it comes to environmental aspects, this applies in particular to decarbonization projects at all production sites. Social aspects, too, such as increasing diversity in our company and proactively fulfilling all due diligence obligations through intensive, long-term involvement in our diversified supply chains, are outlined in our sustainability targets and are an integral part of the way we work.
We create value with our growth strategy – and this is true for our shareholders as well. We make targeted investments in the promising growth areas of recycling and the circular economy, leveraging the synergies that arise from our smelter network with a sense of purpose. We pursue a balanced capital allocation based on growth financed by our own funds and an appropriate dividend that accounts for our growth targets. Fully in line with our strategy: Driving Sustainable Growth.
Um die heruntergeladene Komponente zu sehen den QR code scannen
Reasons for investing in Aurubis shares
- We are a globally active and leading provider of non-ferrous metals that are essential for the transformation to a more sustainable global economy.
- We operate the most efficient and sustainable smelter network worldwide.
- We focus on accelerated, organic, and profitable growth in our established business activities as well as on directly related growth potential.
- We invest in projects that create valuable synergies with our existing processes and positively impact our Group KPI, operating return on capital employed (ROCE), and can be assessed in accordance with our sustainability targets.
- We promote the European circular economy by continually optimizing our material flows to reduce waste streams. We are also driving decarbonization projects at all production sites to achieve carbon neutrality well before 2050.
- We pursue balanced capital allocation based on growth financed by our own funds and an appropriate dividend, thus creating value for our shareholders.
Um das video zu sehen den QR code scannen