Environmental protection at Stolberg
Aurubis Stolberg has been part of the Aurubis Group since 2002 and produces 60,000 t of high precision strip, and shaped wire made of copper and copper alloys annually with about 400 employees.
The products are an essential part of applications in the automotive, electronics and electrical engineering, energy supply and distribution, medical, information and communication technology, and mechanical engineering sectors. Due to its geographical location, which means direct proximity to the Vicht River, nature reserves and residential areas, Aurubis Stolberg constantly addresses environmentally relevant aspects such as soil and water protection as well as noise and immission control. Innovative improvements are implemented effectively and efficiently at the site in close coordination with the authorities. Aurubis Stolberg's integrated management system is certified according to all relevant ISO standards (9001, 14001, 45001, 50001) as well as IATF 16949.
Environmental Protection Measures & Projects
- Certified for the first time in 2012
- Implementation of various energy efficiency programs
- Implementation of decarbonization projects that contribute to our sustainability strategy
- Certified for the first time in 2022
- Focus on waste prevention and resource protection
- Reduction of noise emissions
- Participation in regional and national projects for flood prevention
- Protection of the plant site against flooding and discharge of hazardous substances
- Strengthening the site's resilience to the effects of climate change
Environmental Protection Stolberg
|Phone||+49 2402 1241 2211|